Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Oh Baby!

Hello!  Lately, I've been on a kick of making cards with NO patterned paper.  For those of you who follow my blog, you will know this is definitely not my usual style....the more patterned paper the better for me!!  Even without patterned paper you can still add so much interest to your cards using different textures and embellishments.  I like the clean lines and simpleness (if that's a word) of just using cardstock.

Here's a baby card I recently made using the Framed Bear stamp set from Purple Onion Designs.  I coloured the image with my Copics and cut it out.  I embossed the textured blue cardstock with a large polka dot embossing folder and then added some lace and twine.  I used the "baby" sentiment like a tag under my twine bow. 



So don't be afraid to step away from the patterned paper once in a while. You just never know if you'll find yourself discovering a new style of cardmaking!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Stephanie Ackerman's Bear Framed Doodle set from Purple Onion Designs
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Bazzill cardstock, Neenah cardstock
Accessories: white lace (fabric store), Devine Twine, button, Copic markers, Cuttlebug embossing folder

3 comments:

Laura O'Donnell said...

adorable!

Tracey said...

So adorable Jen! Love that cute little bear!

Dr. Ivy said...

This is so sweet.