Friday, November 16, 2012

Upcycling on Your Next Stamp Fun Friday

Welcome to another Your Next Stamp Fun Friday!  This month the design team is featuring “Gifts or Giving” projects.  Stop on over to the YNS Blog or the YNS forum at Splitcoaststampers to see more projects from the design team.

Today I have an “up cycled” Christmas gift package for you.  A while back I bought a few Tim Holtz embossing folders (yeah, I’m addicted—what can I say LOL!) and they came in a clear pillow box  type container (approximately 6" x 5").  I set the container aside (since it stored flat and didn’t take up much space) thinking I could reuse it somehow and this is what I came up with.   The container is big enough to hold a small gift or I was thinking of using it as a fancy wrap for a gift card. 



First I stamped some snowflakes in red Staz On ink all over the entire package front and back. Then I created a little accent and tag for the front of the package.  I originally was going to create a wrap to go the entire way around but I wasn’t sure how much “stuffing” there would be for my gift so opted just to decorate the front.  I layered on a bunch of paper scrap strips and then added my stamped sentiment and frame and some pretty Christmas ribbon.  In case you’re wondering why the paper panel is off to one side, I was originally going to add a bigger embellishment on the one end but then ended up not liking it but had already glued on the paper ---- note to self:  do not glue until design is complete LOL!

Tip:   You need to be careful not to move the stamps too much when stamping with Staz On on a slick surface or they will slide and smudge.  Also after stamping be sure to let it dry a bit so you don’t wipe off the ink with your fingers like I did a bit.



Here's a close up of the back of the package that I stamped on.  I filled my "box" with some crinkled white paper for extra texture.  That will be fun for the recipient to clean up when they open their gift hee hee.


Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you liked my up cycled Christmas packaging.  I’ll have one more Christmas “gift” project to share with you in two weeks time
Supplies:
Stamps:  Snowflake border from Your Next Stamp (for stamping on acrylic box), Fancy Frame stamp set from Your Next Stamp (green frame), Holiday Postage Set from Your Next Stamp (sentiment)
Ink:  Staz On red, Adirondack Meadow (green)
Papers:  October Afternoon, Neenah white cardstock, Recollections Christmas collection
Accessories:  Wire edged Christmas ribbon from Michaels, Dienamics scalloped edge die, recycled clear pillow package

No comments: