Friday, November 2, 2012

YNS Stamp-free Fun Friday!

Good morning!  Time for another Your Next Stamp Fun Friday post.  This month's theme is all about gifts and giving.  Stop on over to the YNS blog to see more great design team creations.

My gift for today's post is a felt bookmark that I created using NO stamps, just some of YNS's wonderful layered die cuts. I used the new layered tag/bookmark and whimsy star dies and cut two of the largest ones of each out of craft felt (note that the dies cut really well with felt as long as you use a few shims).  I got really crafty and sewed around the outside of the inner bookmark and star die cuts with some embroidery floss. 


I added a thin button to the middle of the star and made my "tails" for the bookmark using a piece of twill ribbon and tied it with some baker's twine. 



Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'll be back later this month with some more great gift ideas for YNS Fun Friday!

Supplies:
Accessories:  Craft felt, twill ribbon, button, embroidery thread, The Twinery baker's twine


1 comment:

carole (TruCarMa) said...

GREAT idea, Jen! Love this yummy bookmark! :)