Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Your Next Stamp November New Release Blog Hop (PRIZES!!!)

Hello!  Welcome to the Your Next Stamp November New Release Blog Hop!  We are so excited this month because we are introducing ANOTHER new illustrator to the YNS family ~ Macy Wong!  Her images are so super sweet and we know you are just going to love them!  We also have some adorable new Franfou images, and Mabel Designs.  To start the hop, head on over to Kerri’s Blog

Did someone say prizes???  We have 3 new release prizes hidden along the hop!  You must leave comments on all of the DT blogs to qualify for the prize drawing.  You have until Friday, November 9th at 12 midnight (EST) and the winners will be posted on the YNS Blog on Saturday, November 10th.

And now, onto my projects.  First up, I used the new Macy Wong "Skating Girl" image to create this traditional looking holiday card.  The ice skates part of the newspaper themed paper was just perfect with the image.  As you can tell from the last three cards I posted I'm totally loving last season's October Afternoon papers that I found in my paper hoard collection.


Supplies:
Stamps: Skating Girl from Your Next Stamp
Papers: October Afternoon, Neenah cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Devine Twine (Christmas), button, Making Memories tag, Copic Markers

Next we have a tag that I created using all the scraps on my desk.  It would be a perfect addition to a Christmas gift bag or even to hang over a bottle of wine.  I stamped the YNS Snowflake Border stamp in green ink all over the green striped paper.  Then, I stamped and cut out the cute Sing Song Robin image to place on the tag.  I added a little twine bow, button and tag to the present in the image.  You'll notice I used a "for her" tag because only a woman would appreciate a nice hand made tag hee hee.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Snowflake Border from Your Next Stamp, Sing Song Robin from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  October Afternoon, Recollections, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Ruffle ribbon, Devine Holiday Twine, button, Making Memories tag, Avery mailing tag, Copic Markers

Karen is also offering a fabulous Hop Special ~ 15% off your entire purchase including sale items.  The code is YNSNOV2012.  She also has some great bundle deals and some awesome steals in the YNS Bargain Bin.


Now it’s time to hop on over to Maureen’s blog, but don’t forget to leave me a comment before you go!. Happy Hopping!

25 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Jennifer, both projects are fabulous!! That ice skater is so cute! Must get her!! Great gift tag too....love making those!

SunnyB said...

Love the vintage look to your card and the tag is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Janet Zeppa said...

Your projects are wonderful!! Glad you used some of your stash!

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Fabulous projects Jen! I agree with your tag comment...only a woman would truly appreciate that beautiful handmade tag! xo

Diana said...

great job on your projects! great coloring too!

bdcampers@msn.com

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Both projects are fantastic, Jen!! I really love the papers and layers on the tag...the ribbon makes it so vintage looking!!

Heather said...

Both of your projects are so sweet. I really like the birhgt traditional colours you have used. Great job!

Muffin said...

I love both your projects, the card is just lovely - what a great idea with the ad in the background. The tag is just beautiful!
Thanks so much for an inspirational blog and the chance to win. :)

wendy said...

very festive , very pretty tag

Miriam Prantner said...

These are great! Love the skate ad on the card, just too perfect and that little bird just makes me smile!

Kelli Hull said...

Oh my word! If only MY sraps could look that cute!!!! lol

GREAT projects for the AWESOME release

MamaKaraba said...

LOVE your card and tag! LOVE the skate ad!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card and tag! Love the paper you used behind the adorable skater, so fitting!

Oma said...

Love both the card and tag! Gotta get that Joy! I just think she's the cutest little skater I've ever seen (except maybe my 5 1/2 yr. old granddaughter that is!)

Sue D said...

Great projects--I really like the cute bird on the tag.

Mary-Anne V said...

Amazing projects...love the colouring of the image on the 1st and the sweet tag with the layers and pleated ribbon on the tag.

MichelleW said...

The tag is so cute...I can't believe you used scraps to make it! I especially love the ruffle!

Billie A said...

You card with Joy is so cute. Love the choice of papers. I am loving the bird. It is so cute and the tag is wonderful love all the details.. LOVE

Kimberly said...

love the vintage paper in the background of your card and cute tag

Maureen said...

These are both fabulous! Love your coloring and that ice skate paper is the perfect match!

sparkling stamper said...

Love the dp on your card and the tag is just the cutest!!!

Hand Crafted Just For Ewe said...

Both projects are wonderful.

Lisa (LisaScraps) said...

Great projects! That skater is too adorable.

Heidi said...

I'm making tags for my kid's teachers and I may just have to borrow your idea. What a great tag!

Vicki said...

I agree with you about a woman and showing appreciation. Love the vintage paper on the card that fits perfectly with the image.