Monday, January 14, 2013

Hello, a little chalkboard fun....

Hello!  It's nice to be back crafting again and what better way to start the new year than trying a fun new stamping technique?  Chalkboard stamping is all the rage right now so of course I had to give it a try.  I knew that some of my Noteblock stamps from Purple Onion Designs would be perfect for the technique and super easy since all the words are all laid out for you on one stamp!

I used some of the new DCWV All Chalked Up cardstock for my background.  There is also the perfect shade of chalkboard green in the stack that I can't wait to try too.  I stamped the Hello Noteblock and heat embossed with some white WOW! Embossing Powder.  Then I added some white pigment ink and white pencil crayon accents to the stamped panel.  I kept my card design simple and just did some layering with an older line of My Mind's Eye paper and a doily in the background. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and be prepared to see some more chalkboard designs from me in the future!



Supplies:
Ink:  Versamark (for embossing), Joann Essentials white pigment ink
Papers:  DCWV Chalkboard cardstock (black), My Mind's Eye papers
Accessories:  Wilton doily, white twill ribbon (recycled from Christmas gift), Prima Pearl, WOW! Opaque White embossing powder, white Kohinoor pencil crayon

No comments: