Thursday, January 10, 2013

Starting the New Year off with some WOW!

Hello and Happy Belated New Year!  As you can tell from my lack of posts since December, things were a bit crazy over the holidays.  I was able to take a nice creative break from crafting and recharge my mojo meter hee hee!  I also took the opportunity to clean up my craft room a bit to get ready for a productive year.  I'm aiming to get a lot more scrapbooking layouts done this year in addition to my cards so it was important to get a fresh start in my disaster of a craft room.

Today I have a few of my last WOW! Embossing Powder projects to share with you that I created before the holidays (my term ended at the end of December).  Although I won't be creating any projects specifically for WOW!, I will continue to use their awesome powders on my future projects. 

First up is a snowflake themed holiday card.  I created the stamped background using the WOW! Funky Borders stamp set set and some pastel blue embossing powder.  Then I embossed some die cut snowflakes with some clear and white powders.  I was going for a rustic look so I only added one layer of powder to let the background kraft paper show through a bit.

Supplies (Snowflake):
WOW! Stamps: Funky Border Strips (polka dot background) from WOW!
WOW! Embossing Powders: WM03 Pastel Blue, WL01 Opaque Bright White, WA01 Clear Gloss
Papers: Bazzill kraft cardstock, Recollections patterned paper
Ink: Versamark (for embossing)
Accessories:  SRM Sticker sentiment, lace, ribbon, The Twinery Twine, Prima pearls, Cuttlebug snowflake die cut

Next up is a cute little holiday package I created.  The paper bag was designed to hold a small gift and or a gift card.  For this package I stamped all over a white wedding treat bag with the Funky Borders stamps set and then created a little collage with some scraps of paper, ribbon and a gingerbread man.  To make my gingerbread man appear like a "real" cookie, I heat embossed it with some of the WOW! Earthtone Nutmeg embossing powder.  It really adds a lot of texture and gives him the appearance of being a real cookie.

Supplies (Gingerbread card):
WOW! Embossing Powder:  Earthtone Nutmeg
WOW! Embossing Stamps:  Funky Border Strips stamps
Ink:  Distress Ink, Versamark for embossing, Adirondack Red Pepper
Accessories:  Devine Twine, red rhinestone, SRM Stickers, read twill ribbon, Making Memories die cut, Sizzix gingerbread man die (retired), white paper treat bag
Papers:  Echo Park, Authenique, other misc. scraps

Thanks so much for stopping by and see you soon with some new projects!

No comments: