Thursday, February 28, 2013

Have a fairy wonderful day!

Hello!  Looks like the winter fairy decided to pay us another visit with a two days of wet slushy snow.  I don't know about you but I am DONE with winter and I'm sure my husband will agree after all that shovelling LOL!

And speaking of fairies, I have a cute card to share with you using one of the stamps from last month's Your Next Stamp release (Mandy the Fairy).

The design of the card is fairly simple.  I just layered a doily and one rectangle of patterned paper before adding my framed image on top.

To get the blue around my image I used some Ranger Distress ink and an application sponge.  You simply use small circles and work from the outside of your image inwards.  I actually start with the ink NOT on the image paper and then work into the image to make sure I don't get too much ink. I have a huge blotter of newsprint on my craft desk so it works well when I'm inking.

My tip for today is cut your polaroid die out of Copic-friendly paper and then save the middles for stamping your images.  That way when you're done you can just pop them in the middle of the die cut.

Thanks so much for stopping by!! I'll be taking a blog break for a few weeks for some much needed family time but I'll have lots of fun projects for you in few weeks :)


Supplies:
Stamps: Mandy from Your next Stamp (stamp and sentiment)
YNS Dies:Insta Love Polaroid Die set (frame)
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ink (Broken China),  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Lily Bee Designs, white Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Wilton Doily, Offray ribbon, Prima Pearl, Stickles, Copic Markers

No comments: