Friday, April 5, 2013

A little Happy Mail for you

Hello!  I've been crafting up a storm the past week or so but I keep forgetting to blog my stuff -- sorry about that!

Whenever I want to just putter in my craft room and don't have any inspiration, I'll stamp out and colour some images and then put them in a pile to do something with at a later date.  I found a few "Welcome to the Neighbourhood" images from Purple Onion Designs that I coloured a while ago and decided to finally do something with them. 

I went with an all-American red, white and blue theme for my card and used the "Happy Mail" postal frame and sentiment set to go with the cute post office image.  It's a bit time consuming to stamp with the red and blue (for the border) but the end result is worth it.  I used some small cats-eye chalk inks to apply the colour so it was easy to control using two different inks on one image.

Stay tuned for some more cards from my "later date" image pile and thanks for stopping by!!


 
Supplies:
Stamps:  Stephanie Ackerman Post Office Stamp from Purple Onion Designs, Paislee Press Designs Happy Mail set from Purple Onion Designs (sentiment and mail frame)
Papers:  Jillibean Soup, Neenah white cardstock, Recollections red polka dot paper
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, red and blue chalk ink, Palette Noir black ink
Accessories:  Button, Copic Markers, Fish tail banner dies, Darice embossing folder

No comments: