Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Happy Bark-day and a new strategy to tackle my scraps!

Good morning!!  I recently did a massive clean of my craft space, organized some of my stamps and tried to work on straightening out my out-of-control paper scrap catastrophe  pile. 

No only did I realize I have so many stamps that I haven't inked up yet (such as this cute doggie image from Paper Smooches) but I also came up with a new strategy/idea to control my scrap paper situation. 

I realized that when I'm working on a new project I typically have a pile of scrap paper that all coordinates sitting on part of my desk.  So I decided, why not make some card bases out of the scraps right after completing the project since all the matching stuff is already sitting there?  So I have been making card bases and then putting them into a pile to use at a later date.  Then when I have a few minutes all I have to do is grab one of the pre-made card bases, add my stamped image and embellishments and voila, a quick card!!  The pre-made card bases I've made so far are all pretty clean and simple but I think this new idea will keep my pile of scraps a bit better under control AND make it easier for me to whip up a card or two at each craft session.  It's a win-win for me!!

So here is clean and simple pre-made card base card #1.  You will see a few more cards with this general layout/design in upcoming posts as it's a great way to use that extra strip of paper that you get when you trim a 6" x 6" piece of paper to the standard card size.



Supplies:
Stamps:  Birthday Buddies from Paper Smooches
Papers:  My Mind's Eye, Neenah cardstock
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Palette Noir
Accessories:  Spellbinder's Die, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Your Next Stamp Fishtail Banner die, Devine Twine, Copic Markers

No comments: