Sunday, April 14, 2013

Owl be here

Good morning!  Here's another card I created from my scrap pile and my "to use" new stamps.  This cute owl is from Sweet'n Sassy Stamps.  I love the size of this cutie and it comes with a bunch of great sentiments.

I went to Michaels last week to grab some more of the Wilton doilies that I used on this card and *gasp* they don't have the same design anymore.  If I find some I'm definitely going to have to buy ALL of them and hoard them because I love them so much and the new pattern they have isn't as nice----booo!!

Anyhooooo......The design on this card is super simple.  I just used a scrap of kraft and white cardstock for my card base and then added a doily, a strip of scrap paper and a circle of scrap paper.  The owl was paper pieced (also with scraps) and then I added some light brown distress ink to the image and some of the papers for more dimension.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!



Supplies:
Stamps:  Owl be there set from Sweet and Sassy stamps
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Palette Noir, brown distress ink
Papers:  Lily Bee Designs, Recollections, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Fishtail banner die from Your Next Stamp, Wilton doily, Copic markers

1 comment:

SmilynStef said...

So very cute ... love the lacy doily with the elegantly stamped background.