Friday, May 24, 2013

Time for the Your Next Stamp after release party!

Hello and Happy Friday!  Today the Your Next Stamp design team is showing off more creations using this month's new releases.  Pop on over to the YNS Blog to check out some fabulous creations.

I have a water coloured creation to share with you today.  I used my new Derwent Inktense pencils.  They are like water colour pencils but with a really rich dark finish.  Because they are ink based, you can go back over your image when it's dry and add another layer of colour.  You can purchase these beauties at your local big-box craft store or an art supply store (where I find the prices to be much better).

I stamped my image onto some of my white Neenah cardstock in Staz On ink.  I didn't use watercolour paper because you don't require much water to spread the pigment around.  I did get a tiny bit of warping when the paper dried but once die cutting and adhering to another layer it wasn't an issue.  I used my grey Copic markers to go around the outside lines of the image to give a bit more depth.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Supplies:Stamps: Spring Blossom Robin from Your Next Stamp, Skinni Font Alphabet set from Your Next Stamp
YNS Dies:  Insta Love Polaroid Die Set from Your Next Stamp, Fishtail Banner/Die Set from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Staz On Jet Black
Papers:  Basic Grey, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Fiskars Border punch, Spellbinder's dies, Inktense water colour pencils, Offray ribbon, Prima Pearl, Copic Markers

2 comments:

Billie A said...

Love the paper choices and the soft colors. Great stamp loving that bird and the flowers are wonderful. Great coloring.

Shell said...

Beautifully done. Love the colors and the coloring. :)