Saturday, June 22, 2013

Wishing you a Splishy Splashy good day!

Hello!  Welcome to the June Your Next Stamp New Release Blog Hop.  We have soooo many adorable new stamps and dies to share with you, and they are available TODAY in the Your Next Stamp Store. We are hanging out on the farm and heading to the beach with this release and the images could not be any cuter.  We also have several coordinating dies to go with these sweet images, and the inspirational projects along this hop are going to blow you away!

There is a full link list of today's blog hop participants at the bottom of my post.  You have until Monday, June 24th at 12am (EST) to leave  comments on all of the DT Blogs for your chance to win this fabulous prize pack!

For my project today I have created a shaker card with the ever so cute new Madison stamp.  My Mom recently cut me out a bunch of fun shaped card bases on her Cricut machine.  When I saw this one I immediately thought to use it as a shaker card.  I stamped my image onto some white cardstock and coloured it before adhering it to the back of my window (covered in transparency) with some foam tape.


Supplies:
Stamps: Madison stamp set from Your Next Stamp
YNS Dies:  Fishtail Banner from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Core-dinations cardstock, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Faux Snow (tinted blue with Ranger ink daubler), Prima flowers, Prima pearl, Stickles, Copic Markers, Glossy Accents, transparency, card base (cut on Cricut)

Here's a closer look at my project.  If you look very closely you will notice that I added some Glossy accents to the life preserver and water parts of the image.  For the filler of my shaker card I used some Faux Snow and tinted it blue.  I put the Faux Snow into a ziplock baggie and added a few drops of Ranger Distress Stain from the dauber.  I wasn't sure how it would work but it turned out amazing!



As always, Karen has some amazing Hop Specials that you should definitely take advantage of!

Thank you so much for stopping by and happy hopping and shopping!

19 comments:

~ Kendra ~ said...

What a fun shaker card, great job!! Too cute!

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

oooohhhh!!! how cute!! love ur happy shaker card!

stampin4ever said...

Your faux water effect is great~!!!!thanks for sharing

wendy said...

love your shaker card! what a terrific idea...your water is perfect!!!

Angie said...

How fun to have a mom with a cricut!!!! This is an adorable shaker card. I think it's one of my favorite shakers I have seen!!! Too cute!

Virgo5 said...

Awesome card, and great idea changing the snow to water!

Line said...

Supercute, just love it:)

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Nice project, Jenn!

Donna said...

Adorable and fun!

Lawren said...

Your shaker card is adorable! I will have to give this a try.

Ruby said...

Very cute card. That base looks familiar.

Kathy Ashworth said...

I always learn so much from blog hops--tinting the faux snow--great card!!!

Mare said...

Very cute! I love the dyed faux snow.

Mary-Anne V said...

wonderful shaker card...love how you made the image and the shape of the card.

Sue D said...

Adorable shaker card and great idea to use the faux snow for filler.

Billie A said...

Love the shaker card and the water scene. Wonderful work.

FitXmom said...

Amazing is right!! so creative!

Michelle said...

Such a great idea! This is an awesome shaker card! LOVE IT!!

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

This is so CUTE! Love how you colored the faux snow blue!!!