Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Some Disney pocket journalling cards

Hello!  I'm not sure if you've had a chance to check out this month's new releases from Your Next Stamp but I literally squealed with excitement when Karen showed us the new Journaled Weekly Die set!

I was recently at my local scrapbooking store a few weeks ago and discovered that you can buy bulk packages of the "Project Life" page protectors.  I've been looking for some of the specific styles for a while but it wasn't cost effective to buy them from the States due to the high shipping rates.  Anyhoo, the product lines are available up here now so I'm well stocked and ready to start putting together some albums.  As I mentioned before I don't intend to scrap every week but I will use the page projectors as I see fit whether it be for a month on a page, a special event or the occasional weekly layouts.

So if you haven't noticed, the journaling cards you can purchase for these pocket style albums are not cheap and I was wondering when a punch or die would be available.....and my wish was granted when Karen came up with this AMAZING die set.  The rounded corner card fits perfectly in those protectors and it comes with a whole assortment of dies inside including the days of the week.  Because the die is also blank in the middle you can even die cut your photos into just the right size for the pockets.....HELLO AWESOME!!  So here are two journaling cards I made for my Florida trip this past winter.  You'll have to wait to see the finished layout until I print out some photos.

And *phew* this is a long post but don't forget you have until midnight tonight (July 24th) to leave a comment on YESTERDAY'S blog hop post for your chance to win a gift certificate to the YNS store. 


Supplies:
YNS Dies:  YNS Journaled Weekly Die Set from Your Next Stamp, Fishtail banner die set from Your Next Stamp
Papers:  American Crafts
Accessories:  Cuttlebug Mickey Mouse die

1 comment:

Virgo5 said...

How awesome, love your Mickey journaling cards!