Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A belated Halloween card

Hello! Here's a Halloween card I created last month for the YNS blog that I forgot to share with you. I also shared these two tips:

1. Don't be afraid to "go outside the lines" of your card base. It adds lots of interest when you allow your elements to spill over the edges. I always make sure to make my card base smaller than the envelope though so it is still easy to mail. For this card the base is about 5" around so when I ship it I can easily fit in into a 5 1/2" or 6" square envelope

2. Don't be afraid to cut up your sentiment stamps. As you can see for this card I wanted the "Happy" portion on a different line. So you can either selectively ink the stamp OR do what I did and cut the sentiment in half (using my Tonic stamp scissors). It is super easy to stick back onto the backing sheet with the other part and then you can mix and match your sentiments! Go for it....don't be afraid!


Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Halloween Fhiona clear set from Your Next Stamp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Black Distress Ink
Papers: Coredinations cardstock, Neenah white cardstock
Accessories: Offray ribbon, Martha Stewart Halloween twine, Quickutz Spiderweb, button, Fishtail Banner die from Your Next Stamp, shaped card base (cut on Cricut)

No comments: