Saturday, February 22, 2014

Two for one on YNS's February Special event day

Hello strangers!  My blog has been a bit quiet for a few weeks --- I was off on vacation and totally ran out of time to schedule posts while I was away. I'm back and all refreshed after an amazing Disney Cruise (stayed tuned for layouts!!) and have a bunch of stuff to share with you.

Today is February special events day over on the YNS blog.  The design team is showing off "anything goes" creations so be sure to pop on over to see all their creations and leave a comment for your chance to win a stamp set of your choice!!

Since I was away for the February release blog hop this month I decided to use the new February Stamps for both of my creations.

First up is a kraft and pink creation I did with the new Dance Fhiona clear set and the Stripes and Stitching clear set.  I created my own chevron background by stamping on the kraft paper in sand toned ink.  Because the stamp is clear it is SUPER easy to line up the images.  I added a hint of pink gingham paper to pull the image and kraft together.  I accented my coloured image with my Viva Decor pearl paint pen.  It's hard to tell from the photo but it adds some nice dimension and pearl shine to the image.


Supplies:
Stamps: Dance Fhiona (clear) set from Your Next Stamp, Stripes and Stitching clear set from Your Next Stamp
Ink: Memento Desert Sand, Palette Noir, Memento Tuxedo Black, brown distress ink
Paper: Neenah cardstock, Bazzill cardstock, MME patterned paper, Making Memories kraft patterned paper
Accessories: The Twinery baker's twine, Copic Markers, lace, MFT scalloped edge die, Prima pearl, Viva Decor pearl pen

Next up is a card I created for this month's YNS Challenge on the blog.  Pop on over to see this month's sketch and inspiration photo and play along for your chance to win a fabulous prize.  For this card I used the new Tea-rific clear set and again went with a kraft background.


Supplies:
Stamps: Tea-rific clear set from Your Next Stamp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, brown distress ink
Paper: Bazzill cardstock, Neenah white cardstock, MME patterned paper
Accessories: Copic Markers, Devine twine, YNS Gum drops embellishment

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Really nicely done!

Michelle said...

Disney...mmmm.. I need a vacay. Sounds so nice.

Your cards are so cute. I love both of them