Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hip Hop....it's the new and improved Your Next Stamp release day!

Hi Friends!  Welcome to the October edition of the Your Next Stamp new release blog hop!!  Not only are we celebrating the release of a whole bunch of fabulous new Holiday stamps BUT we are also introducing the new and improved Your Next Stamp store website!!



Be sure to comment on ALL the blogs (see linky list at bottom of my post) for your chance to win one of FIVE $20 gift certificates to the YNS Store.  You have until midnight (EST) on October 21st to hop along and the winner will be announced on the YNS Blog on October 22nd.

I have two Christmas cards to share with you today that I created with the super cute new Smiley Happy Christmas set.  Be sure to check out all the cute images in the store as well as the matching die set.

Today's Tip: When I create holiday cards I find it easier to stick with similar designs the same paper so I can produce more cards more quickly.  For my set today I had some American Crafts papers and I used a similar layout so I was able to produce these cards in about half the time as if I had done them separately!!

For my first card I used the Christmas tree image from the set.  Once again I cut my sentiment image in half so I could place it as I wanted onto the bottom of the Instalove polariod die.



For my second card I used the Christmas light image.  As you can see I added some Glossy Accents over the bulbs to make them look realistic and then I raided my daughter's craft bucket for some small googly eyes.  This month Karen also has some brand new YNS Gumdrops that are super duper sparkly and awesome.  I added one to the middle of the my foam snowflake embellishment.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Smiley Happy Christmas set from Your Next Stamp
YNS Dies:  Insta Love Polaroid Die Set from Your Next StampInk:  Memento Tuxedo BlackPapers:  American Crafts, Neenah cardstock, Georgia Pacific cardstockAccessories:  Darice foam snowflake, YNS Glitter Gumdrops, googly eyes, Glossy Accents, Copic Markers, Devine Twine


And as usual, Karen is offering up some specials this month:



Be sure to comment here before you leave.  Thanks for stopping by!!



41 comments:

Maureen said...

These are both fabulous, and a great tip for making more cards!

Irene Grau said...

So cute!

rashonda maze said...

Cute cards. I'm liking the Christmas lights stamp more and more. :)

Anja Curvers said...

Both cards are amazing love them. Those lightbulbs are so so funny. Thanks for sharing.

JoAnn Heinbuch said...

Adorable cards and sparkly

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I really like the rich colours you've used on these cards. Fab x

Andrea Tully said...

Super cute cards, love the googly eyes xx

~amy~ said...

Love the googly eyes...super fun cards!

Kerri said...

Very cute card love the eyes and the colours are great as well!!!!

Lenora Clark said...

LOL too cute! Love that you used wiggly eyes!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute cards with great coloring! I love the font with the images - adorable

Patty said...

Both really cute cards...love that mix of papers!

Lillian A said...

Adorable - and love the google eyes added to the lights. Fantastic cards!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

super cute...love the google eyes!

marylouh said...

I love that dotted background paper. Some of the colors pop like they are lights. Need to get some of that paper.
the cards are darling. Love the googly eyes.
thanks for sharing two fun cards.

SabineV said...

great cards! I love that you add the google eyes!

Ruby said...

Very cute cards.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Love your wacky tree and ornaments! Great designs using the Polaroid die cut!

Sandy said...

They make me smile! Love how you have the googly eyes on the lights, so cute and they look like they are in an old fashion polaroid photo. Cute! =0)

Crafty Math Chick said...

Such pretty papers! I love the googlie eyed ornaments too, such a fun touch.

Heather said...

Super cute and what a great way to get lots of cards done using different images and a similar design.

Deborah Anton said...

Cute cute! Love the colors and the fun googly eyes!

Virgo5 said...

I love this new set and your cards show them off perfectly!

Christy said...

Such a fun stamp set for a Christmas!!

Sarah J. B said...

Your cards are so cute!

acpriess said...

These are darling, love the googlie eyes. I NEED this set.

Sue said...

Very happy Christmas cards! They look great!

Sue D said...

I like your idea of using the same card design.

Amy C. said...

I like how all these Christmas items have personalities! They are a lot of fun.

Chitra Nair said...

Ohhh your cards are super cute...

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Super cute Jen! Love that they match!

Helen Gullett said...

So cute! I love that polaroid group :)

Karenladd said...

Oh my gosh, those googly eyed Christmas lights are so creative and so darn fun!

Kris Luvstocraft said...

Love the google eyes on the ornaments

Cindy Greene said...

Those eyes are great on those Christmas lights! Makes them so cute!

Sandi said...

Such cute cards! :-)

Mary-Anne V said...

ADorable! I just love the fun images and the googly eyes on the lights.

Donna Rudy said...

Both cards are so fun! Great job!

Sharla said...

So cute! I love the polaroid frames and those cute images!

Julie E said...

What cuties! I too like that they are coordinated...you have a great gift started. Who wouldn't love to get a set of cards :>)

Thanh Vo said...

Fun googly eyes make the card totally you, Jen! :)